The customization revolution started with personalized names on mugs, keychains, fake license plates, and notepads. But if your name wasn’t John, Jennifer, or Jason, fat chance finding something custom.
Then it evolved and more names could be found… still no Tasra or Imahni, but definitely more variety. And then, you could order something direct… with your name… even Tasra or Beyonce.
So when everything is custom and you can buy it, how does a company take customized creativity to the next level?
Give people something custom they can’t buy… at least not directly.
Starbucks mastered it with the gold card.
My son… he mastered it with a Lego creation that stole my heart.
After many times looking through the Lego Magazine with him, I always said I liked the Volkswagen T1 Camper Van best. He didn’t understand. There were Ninjago weapons and Superhero fortresses… and I liked the VW? Despite that, he made it for me… as a special surprise “because he loves me so much.”
Melt my heart, sweet boy.
Here’s what the Lego version includes:
This authentic camper van is a replica of the classic Volkswagen Camper Van from 1962. Every iconic feature is here! On the outside, the terrific detailing includes ‘V’ shape three-way color split at the front, rounded roof and window frames, opening ‘splittie’ safari windshield, opening doors, iconic pop-up roof with textile curtain surround, roof rack, rear side air intake vents and lots more! The detailing is equally impressive on the inside, from the authentic VW air-cooled flat four cylinder boxer engine, front cabin bench seat, gear stick, angled dashboard and iconic spherical speedometer, to custom LEGO® features like folding rear bench seat, folding dinette table, closet with mirror and even a painting!
Here’s what MY version included…
This custom camper van is an original camper van from 2012. Every fascinating feature you could want is here!
- driver/guard to take me anywhere I want to go and guard me at all times (because I’m “mommy queen”)
- server to conjure up amazing dishes in the mini kitchen
- adjustable bed
- magical blue light that turns on with the touch of a button
- flat screen TV
- custom designed sink and two drawers
- table with chairs and 3 coffee mugs (because mommy loves her coffee)
- 4 doors that open on hinges to let the fresh air in
- blue-tinted windows on side and front and back windows for sight-seeing
- sunroof that opens
- cylinder-style closet for storing clothes
- treasure chest with treasure from all places we visited