Wanna know what else he said? If you’d been at the Atlanta PUG (Pictage Users Group) free event tonight, you would have known! Natalyn, one of the amazing tasra365 photographers I met through this challenge made it to the meeting. What an absolute thrill to meet her in person! What a small world that would allow me to connect with another photographer online who is becoming a fast friend IRL (in real life).
So tonight… Dane Sanders, author of Fast Track Photographer, rocked the house as usual. There were hard questions, inspiring moments, challenging words. I even saw a few tears.
Dane gets to the core of what is holding people back from their dreams, their vision, their truth and he masterfully begins to pull it out of them with his images, videos, words, and questions. If you ever get a chance to hear him speak, make sure to take it. If you haven’t read his book, get your hands on a copy or wait for the new release. Below are the keys I was reminded of tonight.
Five Key Lessons for Every Aspiring Photographer…
- Remember why you started shooting and compare it to what you’re focused on now. Are they aligned?
- You are not what you do, have, or what others say about you. Do you believe it? Do you live like it?
- Be who you are, not who you wish you were.
- It’s not about the photography, it’s about the photographer… YOU.
- If you don’t believe, who will? Believe in yourself, your vision, your passion, your story.
Today’s image: I captured this after the intensity had died down, when people were drifting out, saying goodbyes and Dane had a moment to himself. I imagine he was texting his wife and checking in on his beautiful children. I know he misses them. At least that’s the story I tell myself about this image. He could’ve just been twittering about how he rocked the event. Only he knows. I like my story better.
Manual: Page 67
Images: Dane Sanders, obviously